[NTLK] Stories on Newton data longevity / backup

From: David Lawrence <newtonpoetry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jun 27 2009 - 12:15:22 EDT

Lately, I've become fascinated with backup strategies and how to archive
digital data. I've become a fan of Scott Bourne's "My Digital Life" podcast
(www.mydl.me), and I've had a few experiences that have given me the willies
in terms of backup.
What always amazes me is that Newton users can fire up their MessagePad
after years of downtime and all their data is still there, intact, just as
they left it. I think Grant mentioned it one time, and I was impressed.

I'd love to have a few stories of Newton users with similar experiences for
the blog. Have you had one of those "data's still there!" moments? What
makes the Newton's data so robust? Do you have any Newton data backup
strategies you'd like to share?

Share with the group, or drop me an e-mail off list if you want to chat.
Love to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Much appreciated,
dave

--
MessagePad Jabberwocky