Re: [NTLK] USB 2.0 PC Card

From: Dennis B. Swaney <romad_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 21:43:06 EDT

Aaron Brigati wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Dennis B. Swaney wrote:
>
>> I have a Nexxtech NX2 USB2.0 Cardbus PC Card Adapter N2PUCB.
>>
>> Is there any way to use one of these in a Newton 2100 PC Card slot?
>
> I was under the impression the Newton didn't have Cardbus slots; it
> has PCMCIA slots.
>
> The difference? Cardbus is 32 bit; PCMCIA is 16 bit. A Cardbus card
> won't seat properly in a PCMCIA slot. (Though it WILL go in if you
> shove hard enough, it won't /work/.)

Ok, thanks for the replies Andrei, Leandro, and Aaron.

Aaron, I compared the ends of the USB PC Card and a 32MB Flash Memory PC
Card and noticed that the memory card has a deeper notch on the right
side than does the USB card, so that is how they keep a CardBus PC Card
from going into a non-CardBus PC Card slot.

--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney