Re: [NTLK] iPhone obsession

From: Phil Muller <wndrstrck_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 20:23:16 EDT

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:05 PM, Riccardo Mori<rick@poc.it> wrote:

> I have a sense of humour, mind you, but I didn't find that sketch
> quite funny. In my humble opinion, it lacked some taste (unlike many
> other good sketches there).

> I'll reiterate: I don't understand the aversion to the iPhone many
> people on this list have shown lately. And I don't undestand why be so
> territorial in the defence of the Newton.

I agree completely. One of the biggest reasons I joined this group
years ago was because of the refreshing camaraderie and overall group
dynamics. It seems that I may have just been mistaken as to the "to
each his own" rule that seemed so prevalent once before. I am sad to
admit this is not how I feel as of late.

I have refrained from making comment on a number of "OT" topics that
have crept up, ones that aren't even computer related in any way shape
or form (Canadian minstrels of music; comes to mind), and have carried
on for what seems like a million messages. Why? You may ask, I will
tell you. It was primarily how I felt about the this group.

I have enjoyed reading all the posts since I have joined. I have also
learned a great deal about the people that come here, the things that
they enjoy, and many things I was unaware even existed. I have become
a more knowledgeable person by coming here and reading things that
weren't exactly in my interest zone, "HE double hockey sticks" I have
even become a volunteer because of an individual that posts here.

I know I am ranting, but I have to say in closing that I am feeling
somewhat like a disappointed parent at the moment. Like I have just
found out it is my child that is the school bully of sorts, if that
makes any sense.

Sincerely,

Phil Muller