Re: [NTLK] Overclocking or Coding or Something (was RE: OT iPhone => (Formerly: newtontalk Digest V9 #256) )

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 07:25:58 EDT

~~~ On 2009/06/18 05:32, Phil Muller at wndrstrck@gmail.com wrote ~~~

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Lord Groundhog<lordgroundhog@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> ~~~ On 2009/06/17 16:36, Phil Muller at wndrstrck@gmail.com wrote ~~~
>>

>>> I however, have no desire to talk about poutine!
>>>

>> **Pssst! Phil ... Phil! Not so loud -- there are people here who think
>> this is a poutine user group, and the word "Newton" is a very special
>> variety of poutine served on Prince Edward Island.**
>>

> Well I can honestly say I've never had that type of poutine before.
> Does it use the regular type of cheese curds, or is it imitation
> cheese curds made from potato? I wish I could try poutine straight
> form the source; maybe someday I will stop by in my kayak for
> some.

I'm not sure; I've never had Newton-poutine. I suppose one answer might be
to go to Prince Edward Island and taste Newton-poutine. I'm not currently
place to make that pilgrimage.

However, I've heard rumours: some say that Newton-poutine, or "Newton" for
short, refers to the poutine made by Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.
These people say that PEI is really all that's left of the Garden. But
others deny that and assert that PEI is really all that's left of Atlantis.
Still others say ...umm, let's leave that.

Personally, I wonder if Newton-poutine might be some kind of Platonic ideal
from which all other poutines derive their poutine-ness. In fact, sometimes
I wonder if it isn't perhaps mythical, intended to give all poutine-makers
something great to aspire to.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl