Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 15:24:52 EDT

No doubt privacy is an issue. But there are many people with offices and home offices, and there is a balance between closed door computer sessions and open ones...

As for microphones, noise cancelling ones have come a long way, and MacSpeech Dictate's website includes the approved ones. I have a Logitech wireless USB 2.4 Ghz headset, and it works great. I also set my sound output to pump through my wireless headset, and all system sounds and music are routed through them. I can be at about a 25-30 foot distance from my computer before it starts breaking up.

MacSpeech Dictate's latest uses Dragon Naturally Speaking's Speech Recognition Engine (10). Users have been raving about the speed and accuracy of it.