Re: [NTLK] [OT] New iPhones/iPhone OS 3.0

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 02:12:53 EDT

I think it is clear that Apple sticks to certain design principles in everything they do: simplicity being one of them.

It is not that hard to produce good designs. I think that most companies that are worth any amount of money - the one's really controlling particular markets - are so bloated and disjointed that they will never be able to produce great design.

Apple, from top to bottom, is different. One thing that separates them is the fact that they don't really do market research, as Steve Jobs said. They make this stuff because they want to use it and it just so happens that pretty much everyone else likes their products too, but maybe not their price...

There is no question the iPhone is here to stay, and having kept up with all the recent cell phone offerings, there is nothing that even comes close to it still. And now that the hardware even exceeds the capabilities of the PSP, there seems to be no end to the possibilities it holds...

If they could stretch the screen out a bit more, then I might be able to use it as a word processor.

Ryan