[NTLK] Re-running trial periods

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 17:29:46 EDT

Here's a question,

If the author of a Newton package is no longer contactable and the trial
period has run out, is there a way to to run the trial over and over again?
The more technically minded on the list will know that simply deleting
the package and reinstalling it doesn't allow this. Doing a hard reset
does however but that is obviously too drastic a measure,

Dont' get me wrong I am totally happy to purchase when the option exists
and have paid for all packages that I have that are still available to
buy including: MoreInfo, Timetrax, SuperNotes, Xport, Photoshow,
Newtscape, Address Access, I++, NewtPaint, WakeUpCall (and others - too
many in fact).

But there are a lot of packages on Unna that are not available to
purchase any longer - for example Voice Notes. In these circumstances is
it possible to do something to allow yourself to re run the trial period?

I appreciate this might be unethical but in the scheme of things what
harm could it do?

Thanks

Andy