[NTLK] USB-Serial connection

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri Jul 24 2009 - 21:01:49 EDT

Folks
Just trying to help someone connect their MP2k to a XP machine. But we've hit a
brick wall and wondering if anyone can help.

The set up is:

WinXP machine
No serial port
USB-Serial Adapter as per:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=1803
61700711
MP2000: the Newton has just been bought so there is no third party software on
it at all
Serial to newton cable: as per
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=1703
56412971

The driver has been configured to the same com port as that set on NCU and they
have both been set to the same speed.

So far there hasn't been any indication that there has been a connection at all.
I have suggested using slowdown but this has yet to be attempted. Any other
ideas?

Thanks in advance

Tony