Re: [NTLK] A Day In the life of...

From: Eckhart Koeppen <lists_at_40hz.org>
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 04:05:11 EDT

My usage changes a bit day by day, but it usually goes like this:

- Alarm Clock wakes me up
- At work, using Nitch to see what needs to be done
- Adding minor tasks to the To Do list of DateMan
- Moving notes taken on paper (my handwriting sucks) to Notes and Nitch
- Updating contacts in Names
- Tracking expenses in a small app I wrote ages ago
(back then using Steve Weyer's NewtDevEnv)
- Capturing interesting thoughts (e.g. while reading books) in a kind of
POIC way (more on POIC here: http://pileofindexcards.org/)
- ... and of course hacking with NTK, NCT and Hammer ;)

The best way to describe it is that the Newton is the vessel for all long
lived important information, and the information on the Newton is always
the master data. I don't think the cloud way works for information like
contacts or projects (a la GTD). This way, I always know where information
is, and where new information needs to go.

Eckhart