Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Jul 22 2009 - 01:41:49 EDT

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 7:33 AM, James
Fraser<wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have to ask: was crippling this ability strictly an *engineering* decision?  Or more of a "Let's grab all the money we can by dinging 3rd party apps"-type decision? :)

"dinging 3rd party apps" is hardly a monetary decision, at least on
the part of Apple. It would only benefit AT&T, and even then, it would
be dubious, since the app store is an Apple item. No, the only reasons
that makes genuine sense is the performance issue, or simply Apple's
desire for control--which is also not financially-based.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland