[NTLK] $79 ¡Phones now cheaper than a used Newton (was: i-Poll - update)

From: R A Parker <RAParker_at_Quadzilla.NET>
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 22:53:00 EDT

I would like to update my status: I'm now a Newton owner... and an ¡Phone owner.

On Saturday, July 18, 2009 at 10:49 am AT&T Order Confirmation wrote:

> Dear RON PARKER,
>

> Here is a copy of your order summary:

> Type Description Price
> Line 2 (RON PARKER)
> Phone Apple iPhone 3G - 8 GB - Black (Refurb) $79.00
> Monthly Data Plan for iPhone $30.00
> Monthly iPhone Text Messaging 200 $5.00

> Estimated Sales Tax $6.91
> *Order Total $85.91

> You should receive your item(s)
> within three to five business days.

To set the record straight...

I would like to be known as the one who was quoted as saying, "The iPhone gives me that same feeling as when I first saw the Newton in the MacUser / MacWorld magazines in the nineties."

And now, for a $79 buy in?! It's cheaper for a used iPhone than it was for my first Newton 2100. Did you know that it would have cost me $200 to move from Windows Mobile 5 to Windows Mobile 6?!

Signing out.

--
Sent using Mail V and a Wireless Newton 2100.
--
     |\ |  @ TahoeSunsets.COM
--
More processing power than some third world countries.