Re: [NTLK] More MacPad Rumors

From: Jim Lee <jimlee_at_centurytel.net>
Date: Sat Jul 18 2009 - 00:01:55 EDT

MacFixIt says:
"According to a cavalcade of Mac rumor blogs and Web sites, Apple
could be planning on releasing a touch screen tablet device as early
as this October, pairing nicely with the expected Snow Leopard release
and iPod updates....

"Reports suggest parts requests at Apple's suppliers include a 9.7-
inch touchscreen . . . When looking at possible hardware inclusions,
expect at least one USB port as well as a dock connector for syncing
purposes and third-party device connectivity. Also expect to see the
newly adapted SD card slot - a feature which could prove to be the
device's most valuable asset...

"Most of the rumors suggest that the tablet will be around
$800.00 . . . Look for subsidies in the $200.00 range, bringing the
device to a very marketable $599.00."