Re: [NTLK] OT Palm Pre

From: G Henry Taylor <henrytaylor_at_att.net>
Date: Fri Jul 17 2009 - 02:09:44 EDT

I have an iPhone. I love it's simplicity, the intrface, the screen
size, just about everything about it. Yes, I would love to see some
changes, but overall, an excellent device. Oh, and this is a 2g phone.
I haven't examined the Pre except in articles and reviews online or in
mags. I do have a Palm history though. I've used palms since '98.
Every model made, from original Pilot to the Treo 650. I still have
most of them, even the Vll, which I used to "go online". I've always
loved Palm products but thought their products improved only
marginally with each new iteration of Palm devices, I eagerly awaited
them, only to be both elated and disappointed.
Palm devices were my mainstay at work, used for every task I needed
done. When I retired from work, so did my Palm. I got an iPhone. It
dosen't do the things my Palm did, but then I don't need it to. I have
realized my iPhone does other things that are just as important to me
now. I can't do without my iPhone now. I love my iPhone. And with the
App Store, it just about does what my old Palms would do.
All that said, I have eagerly awaited the Pre, and intend to check it
out soon. However, from what I read and hear, it's just another
iteration of a Palm, shiney, new and disappointing. Also Sprint? The
only Telco worse than ATT.

Sent from my iPhone