Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V9 #300

From: <japecan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 14:41:32 EDT

--- On Sat, 7/11/09, newtontalk@newtontalk.net <newtontalk@newtontalk.net> wrote:From: Michael Guzzo <mguzzo@mac.com>
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Subject: Dare / plea
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:27:07 -0400

Michael Guzzo

On Jul 10, 2009, at 9:13 PM, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:

> Subject: [NTLK] Dare / plea
>
> Dear List,
>
> A few weeks ago I asked a question about how many Newton users also
> owned an iPhone and a fringe benefit from this was
 that I received
> some
> splendid responses from people who identified themselves as Lurkers on
> the List. Some who had been mainly listening since 1998!!!!! and had
> *All the Kit.***
>
> In my mind Lurkers are *equal but silent* contributors to the List so
> *Respect* to all out there who listen as opposed to putting there
> 10penneth worth into the mix.
>
> It's an interesting phenomenon and this silent posse is important to
> recognise from time to time.
>
> Newtontalk is, more than just the voices and the text, it's the ears
> too!
>
> To prove this simple phenomenon would 5 people who generally listen
> but
> not say................................. please just say I..
>
> All the best
>
> Andy

I,

It's been a very long time since I posted.  I do carry my Newton everyday. Because alot of old information that I never got transfered to my PBG4 still resides in it and haven't lost any infomation since 2000!  All my contacts,old email addresses and notes are still there.  I actually kind of stop using it around Dec of last year (bought a new 16gb iphone real real cheap). Carry the iphone and PBG4 most of the time.  The thing I notice very quickly is how hard it is to reply back to the list using my iphone so I went to the PBG4 and it is a pain also.  I could of just highlighted the last entry with my Newton post a new email and off it goes using my old newted.dyndns.org account.  Now my Newton is getting the jaggies really bad.  I think I will go check the storage unit to see when my other MP2100's are and other goodies that I've accumalted in the last 9 years!

By the end of this week I will get my other Newton running via wifi.  I know it's in the list somewhere but what would be the best isp to use?  I am using sbcglobal.net at this time.

  Robert

  Robert