Re: [NTLK] Dare / plea

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 04:41:42 EDT

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Peter Fraser<pjfraser@mac.com> wrote:
> There used to be a list online someplace that showed the join dates
> and postings stats for the members, as well as a cool interactive map
> of where we all are located.
>
> I wonder who's been a member for the longest continuous period of time?

That was back, I think, in the day when PlanetNewton had the list. As
for myself, I joined in either 1995 or 1996, when Steve was list Dad
(the original list), went through the PlanetNewton period, and have
only been off the list for a few months at a time, when life
circumstances forced me to focus entirely on life, and then, I dropped
all lists I was a part of. NTLK is one of only two lists I've remained
active on since I first joined AOL in 1995. ;-) NTLK and that other
list are unique, because they are genuine communities. I no longer use
my Newton for much, but I do keep it plugged in and accessible. ;-)
But I won't quit this list. If I can, I try to continue to help, but
my help is less valuable these days. ;-) I just don't want to leave
this bunch.

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland