Re: [NTLK] When was the last time you saw another Newton

From: Andrew Beals <andrew.beals_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 11:06:03 EDT

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Jim Lee <jimlee@centurytel.net> wrote:

> On Jul 9, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Andy Hill wrote:
>
> > Here's a question
> >
> > Has anyone in the last 5 years actually seen another person carrying
> > or
> > using a Newton in public or at a meeting?
>
> I don't even see people using Palm Pilots or WinCE devices anymore -
> *everyone* seems to use a cell phone or a Blackberry. I'm the only
> one I know (locally) who has a Newton, or a Pilot, or a PocketPC...

I still see a good number of Treos out there. I see random folks in public
with them - people too poor to switch to *ph*n*s maybe - both geeky types
and those I would think less geeky (an artist-type at work). In my family,
my mom has one, but my brother just switched from his Treo to a crackberry.
(I recently switched from a Treo 650 to a 680) I've got a T|X for backup.

My faithful Newtie isn't being used until I can devote some time to puzzling
out sync *again*. )^;