Re: [NTLK] Want to sell my best = new MP 2100

From: SteveC <steve_at_craftsathome.net>
Date: Fri Jul 10 2009 - 10:50:46 EDT

Stefan, I appreciate your willingness to sellyour Newton package. It may be
difficult to get people on this list to want to pay that amount. Stores in
the US (and most NewtonTalk members are US) charge less for the same item,
have a guaranteed return policy, and take credit cards.

In addition, members of a community that specialize in a "thing" will always
put a lower dollar value on a for-sale item than others not in the
community. People on eBay generally know PCs, so you won't make any money
selling your older PC there. You get the idea.

$400 might be the best you can hope for, for now. If that doesn't sound good
to you, hold onto it for 20 years and then sell it to a museum, that will
definitely bring in some $.

* "Same item" might not be an accurate term because you said your item is
"new" vs retailers who say their item is "mint".