[NTLK] Office Politics

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Thu Jul 09 2009 - 17:28:02 EDT

Hi there,

As anyone who uses their Newton at work will know, the good olde green
machines will often arouse interest from new colleagues or visitors.

All my current colleagues are used to it now but yesterday I was talking
to my new Director at my desk, and trying to make a good impression,
when he spotted the MP2000 on my desk and asked what it was. I started
to explain it's age and some of its capabilities (notes, todos, diary,
reminders, address book, long battery life) when another colleague
joined in and explained (in a rather mickey-taking fashion) that I was
part of the *worldwide community *who like to use these older gadgets
(with a facial expression indicating that this community was potentially
full of Odd-Bods).

The Director said, go on then show me what it can do, so I wrote his
full name and a bit of text at full speed on a new note and
(fortunately) the HWR was in a very good mood and translated it
perfectly at which point he raised his eyebrows and said, 'that's
incredible' and went on his way.

Ok it wont get me a promotion but at least it didn't let the side down!!
And I appreciate this isn't a thrilling story like previous threads
about Newtons being taken up Mount Everest, or Newton's on special
military missions but hey - little victories are still victories.

ps - we're not Odd Bods...................................are we?

All the best.

Andy