Re: [NTLK] MP2000 and the 2010 bug/71J059

From: Tony Kan <tonykan_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat Jul 04 2009 - 09:35:13 EDT

There have been some reports that have successfully installed the patch on
MP2000s.

What you need to do is free as much internal memory as you can by removing all
applications and even any memory cards from the pcmcia slots.

So I suggest you back up all information to a card. Do a brainwipe, follow
Eckharts installation procedure closely and then restore your data after that.

HTH

Tony

[snip]
My question is: Does anyone here (with indepth knowledge of this
stuff) realistically expect a solid fix for the Message Pad 2000 --
or is it bricked? So far, all I have been able to determine is that
the MP2000 is being left out due to lack of memory. I hope there is
SOME effort considered, as our household has 3 of these things still
going.

Insights?? Anyone?

Regards,

Christopher M. Laspa @ 999 Art Direction