Re: [NTLK] NetHopper Character Sets and eMate

From: Josh Burker <newt_talk_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Jan 29 2009 - 12:15:20 EST

Yes, Newtscape would work, but if you look at the original blog post I
referenced in my last email, I was concerned about loading a web page
as quickly as possible to prevent battery drain, something NetHopper
does faster than Newtscape.
I did decide to put Newtscape on my eMate, however, since it handles
encoding without additional packages, handles redirects, is a little
more stable, but most importantly on the eMate, takes up much less
storage space. It ought to do the trick for me next time I need to
validate to a web page before using a wifi network.

Until I hear otherwise from Daniel Padilla, I guess I am to assume
that something about the package specifies you need to use it on a
MessagePad 2100. The freeze package workaround does work, but in the
end the smaller memory footprint convinced me that Newtscape on the
eMate is the way to go.

Josh