Re: [NTLK] Emate 300 hacking

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Mon Jan 26 2009 - 18:19:47 EST

> Anyway - I have two Emates, and one of them uses an Intel E28F016SV
on
> the motherboard. I got bored last night, and started looking for a
> source, and I actually found one! There's a guy on Ebay currently
> selling the same chip, at the same speed even (70ns at 5v, 120 ns at

> 3.3v).
>
> So, does anybody around Silicon Valley have access to SMT soldering
> equipment, or will I have to attempt this myself?

Well, if you send me the chip, I would even risk one of my
Frankenstein eMates and try it. I would expect that the OS will not
support the new memory, but it would be worth trying. Make sure you
only take me up on this if you are prepared for loosing the chip. And
if you are willing to ship it to Germany. If this operation is
successful, I will send you the upgraded mainboard in exchange for a
normal one.

Frank