Re: [NTLK] Is iPod Touch the Newtons future?

From: <Reilly001os_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 03:28:45 EST

Actually I just bought an app called "take a note" (4.99 USD) that has folders, has a search, and does text, photo, drawing, and audio notes. The audio notes are iphone only buy 2nd Gen touch support is in the works (needs a headset w/ MIC) . The drawing notes are free hand only so its not exactly like the newt. Its got a nice interface modeled after a notebook, it reminds me of the newts notepad. I haven't tried it yet but its got webdav over wifi support to edit/add/backup your notes using a computer. Also for data entry it let's you use landscape keyboard, not as cool as HWR but still better than portrait keyboard.

Looks like HWR, notes application and organizer (i.e. categories/folders) are
coming:
http://www.phatware.com/index.php?q=page/show/products

To answer the question about blackberrys and original text in replies, my BB pearl 8100 includes the full original text when you reply. It doesn't let you modify the original text although you do have the option to remove the original text entirely so you can copy & paste a section(s) into your reply from the original text and then delete the entire original text. That's what I've done with this email since I'm typing it on my blackberry while relaxing in my livingroom :-)

Joe Reilly