Re: [NTLK] Is iPod Touch the Newtons future?

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Jan 17 2009 - 16:33:40 EST

Hi Joe:

Yes, I have a MP 2100 and an iPhone (1st gen have had it a long time). For me, the iPhone is great, just wish it was as thin as the Touch. But it is not a Newton Replacement for me. I like text inputting to the Newton, and using it as a personal secretary and EBook reader. The Newton MP 2100/2000 really functions well in a business environment, in somewhat mobile conditions. But it is not mobile like the iPhone/Touch, and that is where these latter best it: they are the internet in your pocket. But sitting at a desk or meeting, the Newton is better. The iPhone/Touch have too many compromises in this regard, like small screens and lack of any efficient input method.