Re: [NTLK] too Quiet on the List(Pippin)

From: Paul Zenk <pzenk_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Jan 12 2009 - 09:11:33 EST

Jon:
What you need is a triband or a quad band unlocked phone. When you go
someplace just purchase a SIM card at the location. It is much cheaper
than roaming charges. Here in the states, you could purchase a ATT SIM
card for $25 to get you started. ATT seems the best to use for SMS.
When I was in Uganda and Kenya, I used Uganda Telecom or Celtel to
text back to the states. Of course the problem with SIM cards is that
your phone number keeps changing every time you put a new SIM card in.
The numbers also expire if you don't use them for 6 months (watch the
fine print).
Personally I like the Nokia 6126. Typical Nokia and you don't stand
out in a crowd when you use one.

Sprint is doesn't use SIM cards, so there service is limited to the US.
Paul Zenk