Re: [NTLK] Redefining the Newton

From: Borja Robles Maldonado <borjarm1_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2009 - 13:04:16 EST

And besides all what Christian said, there’s the price handicap...
Newtons are cheap today but i’ve made an estimated sales price for a new
apple tablet (considering it a mix between an iPod Touch and a Macbook/Mac
mini) and it would be close to $700 or 600 €.
HWR is good if you’re english spoken, but i’m from Spain and the things
change a bit. Have half success with it and the synonims or word correctors
are a bit poor..., anyway it depends on the day (for this and other reasons
i use to think that my Newton is alive in someway...lol).
Finally I think that Apple with the Newton launch was so business men
orientated (even when they’ve launched the first desktops, Jobs thoughts
were on the side of a machine for serious works not games). Nowadays the
scope has changed, I see Apple like an entertainment/digital life company,
so any similitudes between a new apple tablet and an old business device
like the Newton was are rare IMHO.
It will bring a lot of Iwhatever (iphoto, ical, imovie, iwoz) but not so
well organized.

-- Borja Robles
Málaga (Spain)
MessagePad 2000