Re: [NTLK] Redefining the Newton

From: Abraham Limpo Martínez <abraham_at_familialimpo.net>
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 10:48:38 EST

Writing a newtonscript parser would be time-expensive and pointless (and
beyond my capabilities). Granted, we could use the old apps we loved,
but let's admit, as much as we love Newtscape, if we have a full
featured Mozilla Firefox, we will use it.

So I take you are a developer, not a user. Because as a user you don't
have direct access to newtonscript, only the apps that are made in this
language. If newton apps were writen in LISP wouldn't be the same? Why?

Newtonscript was great for a platform like the newton, but for what I
recall it really doesn't address well the necessities of a modern
platform. It was like JAVA or .NET or FLASH; a runtime to be run in top
of a platform, and limited by this scope.

On a side note, I routinely program my messages to be send at 13:37 and
3:14 because I'm that leet ;)