Re: [NTLK] It is the Fix

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Jan 03 2009 - 14:39:32 EST

Just caught this on MacObserver:
"Previously, TMO and others reported on the Leap Year bug that caused
Microsoft Zune's to freeze up on December 31. At first, one would
think to blame Microsoft programmers, but Graham Cluley dug deeper and
found that the problem can be traced to the clock chip from
Freescale."

Is Freescale the "inheritor" of the ARM chip used in the Newton? If
so, is it possible that this same bug exists on our Newons? Is it also
possible that it took the fix to "find" it?

I don't know any of this stuff. I only offer it up for those who do
know. Oh url...
<http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/particle_debris_week_ending_1_2_behind_the_curtain/>

--
 -Jon Glass