Re: [NTLK] Strange dates problem post New Year--anyone else?

From: Anthony Martinez <pi_at_pihost.us>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2009 - 01:15:53 EST

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 08:31:58PM -0800, Mr Jonathan Dueck wrote:
> Good idea to list packages that might interact with the Dates Soup. I can confirm that, when reset, my Newton heads to July, 2012. I can't quite catch when the boot screen thinks it is, but when it gets to the backdrop, it's 2012. My dates, however, do all appear to be OK, including repeating dates.
>
> Here's what I've got:
> Fix2010 (_not_ the Dates / Find BugFix, though I think they contain the same code for the 2010 problem?)
I do not believe this is the case. Fix2010 came with many strict
warnings about not using it.

<package list snipped>

I do not have any of those packages. My Newt is pretty bare; the only
extras I have that might interact with Dates are Fix2010, TimeStamp (but
that only modifies the caret), and Daylight Savings.

It'd be neat to have a tool that allows one to determine which soups an
app accesses, but I'm not sure of the feasibility of this.

> My ROM version is 2.1 (717260)-1.

Mine as well.

--
<puck> "I accidentally connected my distortion pedal to my lisp machine and it
started writing java"