Re: [NTLK] Strange dates problem post New Year--anyone else?

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu Jan 01 2009 - 23:58:38 EST

Ok, I cleaned up and backed up my MP2000 upgraded to a 2100. I installed
Fix2010.pkg It set the date to 2042. I started setting the date back via the
set clock app. I got to 2031 before I switched to the time date set app
mentioned a couple of weeks ago. (Sorry, I can't remember who wrote it.)
Anyway it would not change the date. Every reset returned to the 2031 date.
Perhaps I could have continued to scroll back via the regular clock app. I
froze Fix2010.pkg, reset my Newton and set the date via the date time set
app. It worked fine. Reset the Newton one more time for good measure and
then removed the Fix2010.pkg I had previously frozen. Apparently when I
tried the Fix2010 before it was not triggered by my date setting
experiments. Maybe because I did not do a reset at the time. Either way, it
does not work now but I was able to remove it with no harm.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Matt Howe wrote
<snip>
I thought all of this time I had the 2010 date fix in place. I do not. My
dates worked just fine. I am now going to install the patch and I will
report there after.
<snip>