[NTLK] Mail Problems Solved

From: Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat Feb 28 2009 - 06:31:01 EST

Hello:
So this is a conclusion t0 my email woes: the recent running thread on my problems with email on my MessagePad. 1. I could not Send or receive with yahoo.ca. Then, after taKing off the port number from the SMTP server address I could send. But Still no receive. I got a nasty looped out of memory error message.
Turns out that I had 7000 msg in my in box. That crashed Mail V. So we moved all the messages off yahoo and bang it worked.
Simon said that Mail V was ID ing each one.. yet, while I could receive it was only one msg at a time and Very slow.
We could not figure out why even after checking the debug logs, so I did a brain wipe and restored from a backup Under NCX.
Everything works now.
I can send and receive as I 5hould.
I determined that gmail won't work as it requires SSL but yahoo plus and yahoo.ca will work.
So, make sure all your seHihgs r correct and dont bother with SSL Emaíl like Gmail. Also clear out your Ínbox to avoid a crash, and, if the debugs dont help, do a brain wipe and see what happens.

--
Regards,
Ryan V