Re: [NTLK] [OT] eBay sniping

From: James Fraser <wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 16:57:03 EST

Hello,

--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> That's why, when I have lost, or sort of wanted to bid
> but did not because the price spiked toward the end... I
> know that I am only willing to go so far, and that it is
> better to leave it and look another day,

The thing with eBay is that, quite often, looking around for an item is half the fun. Once you actually obtain the item, a great deal of the fun is gone.

As a fictional TV character once said, "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

So while I understand the OP's frustration at not attaining his goal, I also can't help but think that by failing to get the object of his desire, he has actually *succeeded* at prolonging his enjoyment. That is, he still has something left to look forward to.

It's almost enough to make you jealous, really. [breaks into a smile]

Best,

James Fraser