Re: [NTLK] Desperately seeking connection (MessagePad 2100)

From: David Neale <david.neale_at_telenet.be>
Date: Sat Feb 21 2009 - 15:30:02 EST

Woody, the SSID is correct -- it matches that reported by the MacOS X
Terminal's "airport" command.

I'm not sure about the WEP, though. I use a string password when
connecting tot he Airport from a Mac. However, the Terminal "airport"
command informs me that its security is set to cipher, WEP 128, and I
have no idea what that means. Unforunately, as I mentioned in another
reply, I am unable to see the airport with any Airport utility
(Airport Utility, Airport Admin Utility, Airport Admin Utility for
Graphite and Snow), even after disconnecting and reconnecting it to
the power supply. Perhaps it's because I have a mixture of Macs,
running both Leopard and Tiger, I just don't know. I'm now thinking of
reinitialising the Airport and starting that part afresh, too.

David