Re: [NTLK] Desperately seeking connection (MessagePad 2100)

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 17:51:27 EST

David Neale wrote:

> Internet Setup is as follows:
> Configuration: Manual
> Card: Lucent WaveLAN/IEEE
> Subset Mask: 255.255.255.0
> Local IP Address: 10.0.1.7
> Gateway/Router Address: 192.168.0.129
> Primary DNS/Name Server Address: 192.168.0.129
> Domain Name: <None>

What seems wrong to me in this setup is the mismatch between the Local
IP Address and the Gateway/Router Address -- they appear to be on two
different subnetworks, 10.0.x.x and 192.168.x.x. To have the Newton
attempt a connection to the internet, its local IP address must be in
the same subnet of the router. Therefore, if the router's IP address
in your home network is actually 192.168.0.129, I think you should try
giving the Newton an IP address like 192.168.0.x, where x can be a
number in the 1-254 range.

> (I have no idea what must be entered in Primary DNS/Name Server
> Address.)

If the router's IP address is actually that one, I'd leave the DNS/
Name server address just like you set it.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days