Re: [NTLK] Wifi Cards and Browsers

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 00:10:06 EST

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Ryan Vetter <physicalconstants@yahoo.ca>wrote:
> I just saw your post with all the pics you posted. Can you confirm that
> you have tried the first version of the Apple Airport wifi card (802.11b) in
> the Newton, and that it did not fit into the slot properly? and any other
> information as to why it may not have worked.

Hey Ryan,

The Airport Card and the VAIO Card both fit in. It's the Pin Out of the
Airport that's not exactly the same from what I recall.

Also, I am curious as to what wifi card that guy used on his PowerBook 2400c
> to get internal wifi installed and running.

The card that this post refers to is a WaveLAN card with the short PCB
layout. If you look at the WaveLAN PCB it has a break point which would
allow for this. There is also a difference is layout/placement of the chips
of the WaveLAN vs Airport just check the pics...
Here is a pic of it: http://flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/1272535024/?edited=1
I think I found this pic awhile ago but can't recall where I found it.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung