Re: [NTLK] Bounty on 2010 time/date bug?

From: Riccardo Mori <rick_at_poc.it>
Date: Mon Feb 16 2009 - 21:38:19 EST

Jon Glass wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Riccardo Mori <rick@poc.it> wrote:
>> Do you know where I can find Arkley's email to ask him
>> permission to translate?
>>
> I don't but I sure hope that somebody else will be able to speak up,
> and share--hopefully off-list, so the poor guy doesn't get spammed by
> a bunch of us from the list. ;-)

I managed to contact him. He's been very kind and gave me permission.
I took the chance to ask him about the Newton's 2010 bug, if he had
some (even vague) idea for a workaround / fix, but as I suspected too
many years have passed since he worked on Newton patches. In his own
words: "Sorry, but I don't make a habit of retaining technical details
of all the projects I worked on at Apple in my 14+ years there. I
would have to have the entire source base and sources for the last
patch to be able to fix a bug that I only have a vague memory of now."

It was worth a shot, though! Plus, I think we now have at least
Eckhart's eyes on that patch :)

Cheers,
Rick

System Folder - The Platinum Days