Re: [NTLK] Dear Steve Jobs... (your help is needed)

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 12:26:31 EST

~~~ On 2009/02/14 22:20, Joseph Reilly at reilly001os@aol.com wrote ~~~

> I especially like that the letter points out that most newton users
> are users/buyers of new apple products.

This point is worth making. I think it's also worth making the point that
we -- or at least many of us -- are a built-in market for any *real*
successor to the Newton: something that does what the Newt did, gives real
HWR, but is suitably updated to 2009, etc, and also gives us the form-factor
more like the Newton screen (I don't see me buying a "tablet" not much
smaller than the size of A4 paper). Even though I don't have (or
particularly like) the iPhone yet, if it did what the Newton does with
suitable updating, I'd have at least one.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl