Re: [NTLK] Dear Steve Jobs... (your help is needed)

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Feb 14 2009 - 13:05:31 EST

~~~ On 2009/02/14 07:49, Jon Glass at jonglass@usa.net wrote ~~~

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Jon Glass <jonglass@usa.net> wrote:
>> the
>> true beauty and power of the Newton came from Steve's legacy. At
>> least, that's how I've always viewed it.
>
> Hate to reply to myself, but, for some reason, this discussion got me
> to open the wikipedia article, and it seems that the Newton's form
> factor was actually developed by Jonathan Ive!!!! That is something
> good, as it is a link to the present successes at Apple. I would add a
> comment in there about his design.

Nice catch, Jon -- *if* it's true. I have to admit I'm always skeptical
about things in wikipee. But if this is accurate, it could be another
strand of continuity between the Newton and the present, for whatever that's
worth.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl