Re: [NTLK] Dear Steve Jobs... (your help is needed)

From: <rhonda_at_write-on.org>
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 15:54:03 EST

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:38:23 +0000, Simon Bell wrote:
> I donĒt
> believe Apple has *any* Newton knowledge any more, so is in no
> position to release it no matter how persuasive our appeals may be.
> The last person to create a system patch, Paul Guyot, did so some nine
> years ago, and achieved it by patching AppleĒs previous system patch.
> If he or any former Newton OS engineers can remember how itĒs done, I
> think they are our only hope.
Even if they don't have any technical information they can give us, the
other part of the request is still important - give us permission to
work with it. And who knows, they may have some internal documentation
around for us to dig into.

The worst they can do is refuse, and leave us exactly where we are now.

-Rhonda