Re: [NTLK] Dear Steve Jobs... (your help is needed)

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 07:57:12 EST

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:33 AM, matthiasm <mm@matthiasm.com> wrote:
> ROM patch would persist through all kinds of reboots (except a brain
> wipe) and would be available even at boot time.

Just an interjection here...
A ROM patch to my understanding is persistent through any reboot even a
brain wipe.
The only time a patch is removed is if you cause the system to do a Flash
Flush, Dump or Wipe (maybe not the best choice of words).
This only happens when you insert a different ROM card in.
There are three standard ROM cards we have access to and MP2000/2100 ROM
(ENG), (DEU) or an eMate 300 ROM.
So since most people have the standard MP2000/2100 ROM (ENG) you would need
to install a MP2000/2100 ROM (DEU) or an eMate 300 ROM which will cause the
unit to flush it's Flash contents and return back to the original base ROM
without any patches. Even out of the factory most ROM iirc were patched
hence the '-1' after the ROM String.

And I'd hope that this if all worked out would be put into a ROM patch also.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung