Re: [NTLK] i think i killed it...

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 13:37:33 EST

Did the contrast slider line up properly? Is it maybe that the contrast is
just off? When I did mine, it took me a couple of tries to get the contrast
slider aligned with the control underneath. Don't pry the slider out that
will break it. (Although I do have a method for fixing broken sliders.) You
will have to separate the case again.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
SantaMatt@Gmail.com (Nokia N770)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/

Charles Mangin wrote:
<snip>
the power indicator light comes on green when i attach it to AC power
- i removed the dead battery pack, so it only runs/ran on AC for now.
nothing else happens. no boot chime, no backlight, nothing on the
screen, etc. it's dead, except for the LED power indicator. i've tried
all the various hard- and soft resets i know of, and even disassembled
the emate again to be sure i hadn't misplaced a screw or left the
hinge switch set to sleep.
<snip>