Re: [NTLK] NEEDED: cables

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 09:37:47 EST

Hey Jay,
I'm a little late in the response to your inquiry but here are some
suggestions.

1) Newton to PC Cable (Standard): MiniDIN8(M) to DB9(F)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/101420543/in/set-72057594067209679/
2) Newton NIC Dongle: NIC(M) to DB9(F)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/101420544/in/set-72057594067209679/

3) Newton to PC Cable (All In One) NIC(M) to DB9(F)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sonnyhung/101420540/in/set-72057594067209679/

4) Newton to Mac (Standard) MiniDIN8(M) to MiniDIN8(M)
Sorry been to lazy and busy to go back and shoot a shot of this yet :-P

So #3 is likely the one from J&KSales that you guys were discussing. It
works only with the MP2000/2100 and eMate 300 since those are the only ones
with the NIC connector. This will be a good choice for the eMate, but if you
plan or add to your machines a MP2000/2100 then you might want to consider
 #1 also. Only said because the MP2000/2100 would need #2 to use a Newton
Keyboard.

Of course you would need the USB to Serial DB9 Adapter Keyspan USA-19HS
http://www.tripplite.com/EN/products/model.cfm?txtSeriesID=518&txtModelID=3914

Or something that works ^_^,

I'm sure someone on the list may have one of these cables for you if other
suppliers are available. However for the eMate I personally would suggest #1
as they should be cheaper to acquire than #3 for use with a PC.
Much success to you.

Sonny

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 3:38 PM, jayman6988 <jayman6988@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am brand new to the list.
> I just got an eMate 300 and need cables to
> connect it to my PC to transfer txt files.
>
> Does anyone have any cables for sale?
>
> Or can I use the eMate's IR sender to send files
> to my PC if I get an USB IR adapter for my PC.
>
> Help! please.
>
> Jay

God bless,
Sonny Hung