[NTLK] Just for the FUN of it....

Stefan Thorsteinson Stefan at TeamAircom.com
Wed Dec 30 20:36:12 EST 2009

Hi All,

Hee, hee, hee
Newton related? Yes!

Question: What does a US Patent #2883619 from 1956 for an oscilloscope
probe, a pocket clip from a discarded penlight flashlight and an original
aluminum Newton stylus have in common?

Answer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanmt/sets/72157623104498014/

Tee-Hee! I was digging thru my "tickle trunk" today and came across this
little item I dreamt up because of my big, fat, greasy fingers having too
much trouble hanging on to the standard issue aluminum stylus. I can't speak
for other styli as I've only ever owned an MP2000U or MP2100. After a year
or so with my Frankenstein, I discovered the #8505 PDA refill for Cross
pens. Very nice! Nothing compares to the look and feel of real pen in your
hand for working on your Newt. The Newton stylus is just too darn light for
my paws. :)

This year I bought myself a new shell for the 8505. My neighbor bought
himself a hobby lathe and he started making pens. It's natural wood and
feels very nice. He makes shells for Cross pens as a hobby.

(shrugging) Just throwing something a little different into the mix of
regular discussions here. So how about it? I'm sure there are more than few
people here that have had to come up with some form of "jiggery" to get
something to work. Of course I'm speaking more from the hardware side of
things. Maybe not so much wires and boards, because I've seen some serious
wizardry from this group. No, I'm thinking more along the lines of nuts and
bolts. Ever come up with something funky that worked? Got you out of a jam?
Made your life a little easier? Set yourself a little further apart from the
geek heard? I'd love to see it, and I'm sure there are others that would
too.

Cheers and Happy New Year,
Stefan Thorsteinson