[NTLK] Calise Case for 2x00's?

James Fraser wheresthatistanbul-newtontalk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 28 23:39:52 EST 2009

Hello,

--- On Mon, 12/28/09, Chris C <chrisc24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I finally got my door from JK Sales, and the case. I was under the
> impression that it would fit the 2100, if it was sold in
> the accessories section for the 2100/2000s. It seems to me that
> this case is for the MP 1x0 Series.. am I correct?

I'm not entirely clear if the case that J&K sales is flogging:

http://www.jksalesinc.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=88

...is the one I have:

http://i46.tinypic.com/70j9uc.jpg

If it is, it's certainly *possible* to fit (shoehorn, really) an MP2x00 in it, but not recommended.  However, the same style of case apparently underwent a redesign:

http://i49.tinypic.com/j8dylc.jpg

That does allow it to be used effectively with an MP2x00 (if the ad can be believed).

Unfortunately, the pictures aren't that large and it's hard to make out the details.  However, it seems like the easiest way to distinguish between the former and latter case is to examine the back of the case: as near as I can make out, the purportedly redesigned case is smooth on the back.  The one I have (the one designed for an MP1x0) has a zippered compartment on the back.

Anyway, if *is* the one I have, apparently it's not the best case to use with an MP2x00:

http://marc.info/?l=newtontalk&m=125120539009451&w=2

Perhaps someone else on the list has purchased that particular case directly from J&K and can relate their own experience with it?  I don't want to talk the OP into sending back a perfectly good case, but I don't want them to expose them to the possibility of ruining their Newton, either, as the result of any misunderstanding.

Best,

James Fraser