[NTLK] New members

Goodwin, Greg P. GoodwinG at aafes.com
Mon Dec 28 09:02:49 EST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Reilly001os at aol.com /Joe Reilly

That's awesome that people of all ages are still discovering the newts. I'm late 20's (barely) and only joined the list two years ago when I got my first newt. I was actually in my teens when I first saw a newt but couldn't afford one, I wish I could've had a newt at Matej's age!
Best of the season to all.

I'm glad to say I had the TRS-80 model 100 when I was in high school, and looking back, that was WAAAYYY ahead of it's time to have a computer at school to take notes.

The Newton would have been over the top for sure.  The only hint we had a tablet like device which were the PADD devices in Star Trek:The Next Generation.  That was the late 80's, and naturally when the Newton came out in the early 90's, that was just awesome since they were a lot like those devices.

I would tote around a Macintosh Plus in college.  Not EXACTLY a portable computer, but it was fun to set up in the library and write.

The Newton was there my last few years of college (the Newton 110), and in truth, was how I met someone on campus that I dated for like 16 months (she had a Tandy Zoomer, so that was how we hooked up, she compared her Zoomer to my Newton, which was her way of introducing herself.)  And later as I was wrapping up college, I jotted my wife's (to be) E-mail address on my 110.

And later displayed the Newton 110 at my wedding on a pedestal to show my original 110, powered up, with the E-mail address note that I took down that day.

Naturally the Newton 2000 was what was keeping me "company" up till my wedding, and what kept the wedding on time.

    .    .
    )\___/     Doc Clu  (member of...)
   /(- _O)       Prison Board BBS
  ( \____  )   rdfig.net  972-329-0781