[NTLK] Question re Bluetooth

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Thu Dec 17 16:37:18 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Andy Hill <adhill at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:

> The first and last name goes across ok and so does the company name but
> nothing else - no telephone numbers of addresses, they are blank.
>
> It works fine the other way from the phone to the Newt.

I've not had problems with this using Blunt & IC/VC between my
MessagePad 2100 & MacBook Air, but the c510 must be interpreting the
.vcard differently. Sometimes the easiest method of figuring out why
it's parsing it differently is to manually enter the same name & phone
number in both the Newton & the phone, then export as .vcard from both
the Newton and the phone to a computer. Then compare the raw text of
the files to see what differs. Compare against the .vcard spec for
hints at what's going on.

I should be able to help with the comparison & referencing against the
spec, if needed. I helped provide Eckhart with the change to IC/VC to
get all-day events exporting correctly, so I've actually done this
before ( once :D ).

Morgan Aldridge
---
morgant at makkintosshu.com