[NTLK] Developing for Newton 2.0 - Evernote Client Possibility?

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Dec 16 07:58:45 EST 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM, Jon Scordia <jscordia at mac.com> wrote:
> I don't know how far fetched this great idea would be technically, but
> I'm sure the guys at Evernote would offer you every assistance. They
> seem pretty enthusiastic and proactive.
>
> I've been wondering how to 'repurpose' my faithful Newt in a world
> where the iPhone has now significantly met my own personal daily
> requirements, and I think that 'always on' notetaking and thought
> capturing is it. Evernote linkage would be a great tool for that
> purpose.

They've got an API <http://www.evernote.com/about/developer/api/> so
it's certainly feasible. They do require SSL for authentication (via
their API & OAuth), so that may be a show stopper. There are ways you
could work around it, for example: setting up some sort of proxy
service/API between the Newton and Evernote's service and dishing out
your own auth keys to enter on the Newton prefs after logging into an
SSL site.

I don't use Evernote personally, but I'd love to see people working on
projects like this.

Morgan Aldridge
---
morgant at makkintosshu.com