[NTLK] eMate hinge repair question - how critical is the one that ISN'T near the display cable?

R A Parker RAParker at Newted.ORG
Sat Dec 12 23:38:52 EST 2009

Yeah, but my question is whether you can (or are going to) put a
washer on the hinge (the side with ribbon cable). If you only gong to
lube it, it would be a mistake. As I remember it, the screw that holds
the spring, looked like it would pop easily over time no matter. It's
a design flaw. By not removing the spring, cleaning the dried lube
off, putting a quality lubricant and a washer, you will risk popping
that spring eventually. It'ou might buy yourself 6 months to a year of
moderate use.

--
Sent using an iNewt 3G Touch.
--