[NTLK] eMate hinge repair question - how critical is the one that ISN'T near the display cable?

Eric Rucker bhtooefr at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 15:15:43 EST 2009

Last night, I heard one of the hinge springs pop free, so I
immediately discontinued use until I could disassemble the eMate.

I've got the motherboard loose, but not unsoldered, and I've noticed
that the hinge under the display cable has just barely slipped on one
side. Would it be safe to just put a washer on it and lube it, and
therefore avoid a complete teardown? I would also place electrical
tape around the display cable, while I'm in there, as insurance
against a failure.

Also, how critical is it if the other hinge has popped out? I know
it's suboptimal, but I'm trying to avoid a complete teardown for now,
and I don't see anything that could be damaged by not repairing it.