[NTLK] New Newton user! Also, question re. connecting to Vista PC.

Marcus Hammerschmitt marcus.hammerschmitt at t-online.de
Fri Dec 11 12:07:29 EST 2009

Am 11.12.2009 um 15:22 schrieb Bjorn Keizers:

> I got some other good news today as well. My MP130 has been shipped!

Don't want to spoil your fun, but do yourself a favor and get a 2100. It's much more versatile and powerful than the 130. It can do wireless (both WiFi - if admittedly only practical for mail - and bluetooth), it can play mp3s (though they have to be prepared carefully)

http://concord.antville.org/stories/1428458/

you can even use it as a mobile

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/02/rig-of-the-week-newton-as-telephone

http://concord.antville.org/stories/1696260/

(ok, this you can do with a 130 too).

For typing itself the eMate is ideal. Never used a better keyboard than the eMate's, and though the machine is rather slow compared to the 2100, it can talk to its keyboardless brothers via infrared. I have two 2100s and one eMate (which all connect flawlessly to my iMac) and I use them on a daily basis. I understand you are Dutch, so you might find my German speaking articles on Newton technology entertaining:

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/18/18290/1.html

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/18/18290/1.html

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/21/21975/1.html

http://www.heise.de/tp/r4/artikel/26/26489/1.html