[NTLK] Y2010 Fix

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Tue Dec 8 18:32:22 EST 2009

On Dec 6, 2009, at 7:57 AM, Eckhart Koeppen wrote:

> If you have the Fix2010 or some other fix for the 2010 problem
> installed, you need to first clear the alarms using the Y2010
> Diagnostic tool, and then remove the Fix2010 package itself via the
> Extras Drawer before applying the 71J059 or the other patches.

There's one other thing to check ...

Determine which store you have set as your default. I've been using
Dashboard to set the external card as the default store for my NPDS
server. Attempting to install the patch using NCX, the application
stalled during installation of the patch. On my second attempt,
BugTrap kicked in on my Newton and NCX froze.

Then I noticed that other packages had not been installed on the
internal store. I changed the setting and was able to successfully
install the patch.

g.

Grant Hutchinson

Interface Considerations. Feature Deprecation. Typography. Rawk.

http://splorp.com
http://mtile.us/splorp
http://flickr.com/splorp
http://twitter.com/splorp